Agreement has been reached on pay awards for employees whose terms and conditions of service come within the framework of Scottish Joint Council (SJC) for Local Government Employees.
- The agreement covers the period from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
- A flat rate increase of £350 per annum will be paid to all SJC employees remunerated up to £35,000 per annum (based on a 37 hour working week)
- The Scottish Local Government Living Wage (SLGLW) of £8.33 per hour will be increased to £8.51 per hour from 1 April 2017. This is equivalent to a flat-rate increase of £350 on an annualised salary (based on a 37 hour working week)
- The SLGLW rate will be used as the minimum pay level for pay and all allowances up to the notional normal working week, with those hours worked in excess being exempt from pensionable pay
- The SLGLW will be payable to employees on Spinal Column point (SCPS) 2-18 inclusive
- All employees currently paid above £35,000 i.e. those paid on SCPs 71 and above, will receive a 1% uplift in pay from 1 April 2017
Employees can anticipate receiving their backdated pay award and updated pay within their September pay.
Revised salary tables will be available on the interchange in the near future.
Should you have any queries on the above please speak to your manager in the first instance or contact the HR advice line on 563261.