Marvellous Mocktails & Winter Wellness
Start Date: 05/12/2018
End Date: 05/12/2018
Venue: Annexe and HQ breakout areas
Time: 12.30pm - 2pm
Pop along to sample our Marvellous Mocktails & find out more on Winter Wellness in the Annexe and HQ breakout areas on Wednesday 5 December.
Information will be available from the NHS and HWL group as well as the opportunity to sample some flavourful non-alcohol alternatives for the festive season.
As well as alcohol awareness, there will also be information provided from the NHS regarding general winter health, keeping good mental health and other topics. If you can’t come along we will make the information provided available on the Interchange and Connections Noticeboards.
Did you know that one unit is 10ml or 8g of pure alcohol? Alcoholic drinks come in different strengths and sizes, units are a way to tell how strong your drink is.
It takes an average adult one hour to process one unit of alcohol. Just one drink will put you over the legal limit, so this Christmas consider your options before you go out:
- Arrange a designated driver
- Take public transport
- Stick to zero alcohol beer or mocktails
These are the units that are in some of our favourite drinks:
- A vodka and cola with a single measure = 1 unit
- A pint of cider = 2.6 units
- A pint of lager = 2.3 units
- A gin and tonic with a single measure = 0.9 units
- A small glass of wine (125ml) = 1.4 units
- A single dram of whisky = 1 unit
- A glass of prosecco (125ml) = 1.5 units