The difference between the words spoken and our understanding of what is said comes from non-verbal communication, body language. This course will develop your awareness of these signs and signals so that you can more easily understand other people and more effectively communicate with them.
Who should attend?
Relevant to everyone at the council who want to communicate more effectively. It's especially useful for you, if your role includes coaching.
Please note we may need to postpone this course should there be insufficient numbers to make it viable.
What will it cover?
On completion of the session the participant will be able to:
- Explain and describe different categories of non-verbal communication
- Distinguish between positive and negative body language, in context
- Interpret common tells and leakage
- Avoid incongruence in your contributions to communication
- Interpret incongruence in others’ contributions to communication
- Communicate more effectively with colleagues and customers