Interview Skills & Selection
This full day course will help managers choose wisely, while adhering to best practice and the law
Who should attend?
This session recognises that many supervisors have minimal roles in recruitment and shortlisting but are involved in selection interviewing. It gives only brief attention to those matters, then focuses on the design and conduct of good interviews.
2020 Dates Available
Please note we may need to postpone this course should there be insufficient numbers to make it viable.
What will it cover?
On completion of the session you will be able to:
- Arrange a good interview environment
- Agree individual roles in panel interviews
- Develop effective core questions and use effective follow-up questions
- Use effective note-taking and scoring methods
- Explain and apply the techniques of behavioural interviewing
- Meet the requirements of equality and diversity
- Conduct efficient, effective and defensible selection interviews