Recruitment & Selection
This full day course will help managers choose wisely, while adhering to best practice and the law
Who should attend?
Managers and supervisors who are involved in shortlisting and/or interviewing. Staff should not participate in these activities until they have completed this course.
Please note we may need to postpone this course should there be insufficient numbers to make it viable.
What will it cover?
On completion of the session you will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of effective recruitment and selection process
- State and apply Equalities legislation, policy and good practice
- State the necessary administrative procedures within Moray Council
- Draft job descriptions and person specifications and (less frequently) advertisements
- Shortlist candidates objectively and lawfully
- Conduct an effective, fair and lawful selection interview as chair or panel member