Coaching Skills for Managers
This one day course will provide you with the listening, questioning and reframing skills that will enable you to help to:
- Identify and define challenges and opportunities
- Identify and refine development goals
- Identify both obstacles and resources, internal and external
- Decide, plan and act to meet challenges or opportunities and pursue development goals
The sessions will encourage participants to go beyond skill and technique to acquire the attitudes and qualities that contribute to effective coaching.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and other people in the council with a responsibility to identify and support the development of colleagues.
Please note we may need to postpone this course should there be insufficient numbers to make it viable.
What will it cover?
On completion of the session you will have an understanding of:
- Definitions of coaching
- Principles and Skills – listening, questioning and feedback
- Internal barriers to change
- Coaching models – focusing on GROW, introducing others
- Action planning
Further courses to consider
The North East Learning Collaborative provide Coaching Skills in the Workplace. These courses are free to Moray Managers and typically run every other month. Click here for more information.