Supervision Soft Skills
Supervisors, team leaders, forepersons and chargehands often need a working knowledge of people policies and procedures. However, even more important are the soft skills. These skills are about communicating effectively and respectfully, and building healthy and constructive working relationships. Indeed, early and proper use of these skills can greatly reduce the need to use the more formal policies and procedures. This half-day course focuses on these soft people skills, touching only briefly on formal policy and procedure.
Who should attend?
Anyone in their first supervisory post, whether experienced or recently appointed and more experienced supervisors who feel they would benefit from this training.
Please note we may need to postpone this course should there be insufficient numbers to make it viable.
What will it cover?
On completion of the session you will be able to:
- Assign tasks to individuals and teams
- Ensure that activities meet service objectives
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with colleagues
- Direct and encourage junior colleagues
- Provide initial supportive response to performance and conduct issues
- Help develop individuals and teams
- Maintain supportive and productive working relationships