Cycle to Work 2023 - Last Chance for Applications!
It’s back … and we are pleased to announce the Cycle2Work Scheme is open from Wednesday 10 May!
The scheme is open from 10th May 2023 and will run to 15th June 2023. It’s a great scheme to help you get active and it’s easy to apply. Select a bicycle and safety accessories, taking advantage of the savings available from tax benefits. You can choose your new bike and accessories from hundreds of brands in-store or online from Halfords, Tredz, or one of the independent bike shops that Halfords work with.
Please remember the Cycle2Work Scheme is not solely for personal use – The Department of Transport and HMRC guidelines states that the cycle must be used to cycle primarily to and from work, this should be around 50% of the usage.
During this period, if you* want to opt into the scheme you should either:
Log on to www.cycle2work.info – use the employer code: MORAYCOUNCILC2W
Or you can phone Halfords on 0345 504 6444
* conditions apply
What to do:
- have a look at the bicycles and safety accessories available at either the Halfords store, Elgin or online at www.halfords.com
- decide how much you need to spend
- complete the Halfords Hire Agreement by logging on to www.cycle2work.info
- ‘sign’ an electronic version and payroll and HR will be alerted that you have applied
- after processing the Hire Agreement it will be countersigned by Human Resources and you will receive a letter of collection via email
- once you receive your Letter of Collection go to Halfords (or the store you have chosen) and place your order.
The Halfords website has a list of the shops they work with which includes local ones – if you cannot see the shop you wish to get bike from let Halfords know and they will approach the shop and find out if they want to join the scheme if they are not already in partnership with Halfords.
If you cannot access the scheme online or have any questions, you can phone Halfords on 03455 046444.
Please note – before you sign up to a Hire Agreement you must read the operational guidelines on interchange and the information available on the Halfords website and the terms and conditions of the Hire Agreement thoroughly as this is a contractual document that is binding. Once signed up, you are obliged to pay the full amount across the length of the hire period and if you leave the council‘s employment during that period you are liable to pay the balance. The FAQ section of the website is also useful for answering questions and providing good advice.