Critical Threat Level Advice
Further update to the briefing issued on Wednesday, 24th May 2017.
As a Country
Agencies across the UK continue to consider and implement actions to mitigate against a potential terrorist attack.
As a Council
Further briefing has been given to the Chief Executive and Duty Emergency Response Co-ordinator by Police Scotland. It has been recommended that agencies continue to review their arrangements to enable them to continue to offer “business as usual” to our communities. No further briefings have been planned.
As an individual
There are some basic actions you should take to stay safe in the workplace
- Wear ID badges whilst on Council premises; challenge staff not wearing badges; do not allow tailgating (ie allowing people to follow you into Council buildings) unless they are displaying their ID badge
- Advise the Access Point if you are expecting visitors and then escort visitors whilst they are inside our buildings.
- Familiarise yourself with the fire emergency evacuation signal, procedures, routes and muster points for your workplace.
- Moray Council security policy is available on the Interchange, in the Guidance Section of the Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and Guidance.
- Ensure that key stores are kept secure.
Please watch the Stay Safe Film provided by the National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO) under Crown Copyright:
The key message remains you should be ALERT but not ALARMED.