New Income Maximisation Team
A new team begins work next week to support residents in Moray to maximise their household income.
Jointly funded by us the European Social Fund, from 1 March the income maximisation team will help a range of people in Moray aged 16 to 64, including:
- low income households
- workless households
- lone parents
- residents facing money and debt problems.
The service will specifically target those of a working age, with the team providing basic financial and debt advice to help increase customer financial resilience and the ability to manage personal finances.
The team can arrange to meet customers, assess their circumstances and:
- provide assistance with money management, such as help to access bank accounts and online banking; appropriate use of credit and low cost borrowing; making savings; planning for life events (pensions or insurances) and contingency for unexpected bills.
- provide advice on any benefits entitlement and the application process, including help with completing forms
- assist customers with household budgeting
- assist customers with the debt repayment options
- refer to other agencies/services that may be helpful
Customers can refer themselves by calling 0300 123 4563. Or, if a customer is being referred from a service within the council, a referral form (Word) must be fully completed for each participant and emailed to the team for assessment. All enquiries should be sent to this email address, please don't contact individual officers.