How Do I - A

Report absence to my manager?

For a domestic emergency: Notify your line manager as soon as possible.

For sickness absence: Instructions on how to report short-term and prolonged absence for teaching and non-teaching staff can be found in our Health and Work policy (Word), section 2.0 (Absence notification and certification).

Manage absence as a manager within my department?

You can read our Health and Work policy and view our managing absence: short-term and long-term for advice and guidance on what meetings should be held, and how you can support your staff.

Contact an Access Point?

13 Cluny Square, AB56 1AJ. T: 01343 543451. E:

High Street, IV30 1BX. T: 01343 543451. E:

Auchernack, High Street, IV36 1DX. T: 01343 543451. E:

The Resource Centre, 26 Mid Street, AB55 5AH. T: 01542 885102. E:

Report an accident or near-miss?

To report an accident or incident, select the button below and complete the form. Copies must be sent to the Section Head and the Health & Safety section after completion.

Internal Incident Report Form (Word)

Request an adaptation to my workspace?

If you think you might need an adaptation to your workplace you should discuss this with your line manager in the first instance, who will then liaise with HR for a further review.

Advertise on the discussion board?

To place an advert, or to respond to an advert, you need to create a user account on the discussion board. You’ll then be sent an email to verify your account and once this is done, you’ll be granted access.

Discussion Board